Monday, May 28, 2012

ConGRADuations!!



 This past weekend Benjamin, the pups, and I ventured to Hoke County, North Carolina to watch my little sister, Payton, graduate from high school. She's five years younger than me and one of the coolest people I know. She'll be coming to live with us in a few weeks for at least the summer. ("Can they do it??! Tune in this Summer to find out!")
Pink Balloon

............





It was a beautiful day out, albeit hot as hell. Benjamin and I sought out the shadiest bleacher space, then annoyed numerous spectators behind us with our big, black umbrella.
Hot as blazes.

At the derby



It was sort of surreal knowing that my little ginger sister was on the fast track to ackin-like-an-adulthood, but it felt right at the same time. Payton, I think, was having similar sentiments...

Having a spiritual moment

Also having a moment


And as I watched Payton strut from the ceremony in her super cute, super high high heels, I found myself wondering: "Who will she be in this life? A police officer, a physical therapist, a truck driver?" I guess I'll never know...until I find out.
"I wonder..."

Struttin


But I know no matter what direction life takes Payton, she'll always be my little ginger sis who loves serial killers as much as I do. 








****
Pre-party:


Before the cookout that our mom put together to celebrate Payton's freedom, Pip took the time to get in a nap...


....and to get his face on.
















2 comments: