Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pin Up Wedding Makeup and Hair :)



My loverly friend, Jordan, is getting murrayed next month and she's having a 50's/rockabilly theme. I wanted to come up with a few options for hair (makeup is pretty standard as far as the pin-up look). 

~First thing I did was part my hair into 1" sections, curl it and pin it to my head with bobby pins. I used my Revlon ceramic curling iron (I think it's a little over 1" around). You can use curlers if you like, they both work pretty much the same. You want to make sure that after you pin up all your hair, that you leave it alone until ALL of your hair has completely cooled- that's what sets the curls. I always curl and pin my hair first, then do my makeup while I'm waiting for the curls to set. 

~Makeup: 
In order: "Too Faced" Primed & Poreless (smooths skin, preps skin for makeup)
"Benefit" Hello Flawless Foundation
"Maybelline" Dream Matte Powder (use as a setting powder over foundation)
"Victoria's Secret" Blush in 'Surrender' (use on apples of cheeks)
"Victoria's Secret" Illuminating Face Powder in 'All or Nothing' (sweep over cheeks, down bridge of nose, cupid's bow, chin)


~Eyes: "ARDELL" Invisiband Demi Wispies in Black (false eyelashes, set with LashGrip adhesive)
"Stila" Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black (start from the inside corner of your upper lash line all the way to the outer lash line, winging it slightly upwards at the end)
"Tarte" Mascara in 'Gifted' (use on top and bottom lashes, working from roots of lashes to the tip)
"Revlon" Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown (use the pencil to shape your brow, then use the setting wax to make keep brows in place. Make sure your arches line up with the tip of your nose and don't be afraid to go a bit darker than usual since this is a pin-up look!)
"Anastasia Beverly Hills" Eye Lights Matte Highlighter (use right under your brow to give them a nice, clean look. Also use in the inner corner of your eyes and on your lower water line to open your eyes up)
"Smashbox" Photo Op Under Eye Brightener (use right under your eyes for an illuminating glow)
"Victoria's Secret" Deluxe Eye Palette in 'Unstoppable' (you want to keep your eyeshadow a light, pearly color. I used the lightest color in this palette. It's a sort of pearly white/pink color. Apply ALL over your eyelid, from your lashes to your eyebrows.)



~Lips: "Too Faced" Primed & Poreless" (smooths lips, holds pigment of lip color better)
"Victoria's Secret" Lipstick in 'Showstopper' (I used this red lipstick as the "bridesmaid")
"MAC" Lipstick in 'Saint Germain' (I used this pink color as the "bride". I originally bought this color because it was the closest to Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday that I could get. And,  it smells soooooo good!!! I just used a little bit of this lipstick on my lips as my base color)
"Victoria's Secret" Brilliant Lip Shine in 'Undress' (I used this beautiful light pink gloss over my Saint Germain lipstick. It gives it a really romantic look.)


Kits: "Benefit" Confessions of a Concealaholic (I used the concealer before I put on my foundation.)
"Too Faced" Brow Envy (Even though I already used my Revlon Eyebrow Pencil, I went over that with the brown powder to give my eyebrows a cleaner, more Pin-Up look)

~After I did all my makeup (using the red lipstick first) I took down the right side of my pinned hair to try out one style. This is what I came up with: 

My bangs aren't long enough to do Victory Rolls yet, but I used pomade to twist them back and up.

The side that I kept pinned up.


~Then I took down the remaining pinned up side to give it a more symmetrical look:




~I changed to my "bride" dress, took out my red flower, and switched my red lipstick for my pink one and pink gloss:
I took out ALL the pins to create a soft look. Marilyn Hair!


I used pomade to smooth back the right side of my hair (parted asymmetrically) I also used it on my fringe to lift and tame it to the left side of my head.


A big white flower to match my big white dress!

The hairspray, pomade, teasing comb, and smoothing comb I used to achieve my looks.




Hopefully my fringe will grow out soon so that I can do a few more Pin Up looks (Victory Rolls, etc). Also, keep in mind that it is easier to hold these hairstyles if your hair is not squeaky clean the day of. My hair is two days old in these pics. 

Thanks yall!!


3 comments: